Car seat belt in Austria Austria
Last update: January 2018
Use of safety belts In Austria is mandatory for front and rear passengers. The use of child seat or appropriate child restraint system is mandatory also.
Seat belts are not compulsory for:
- drivers while reversing or parking
- people whose shape prevents them from using seat belts
- drivers of emergency or official vehicles
- taxi driver on duty
- regular services below 100 km
- seriously physically disabled children, if transported in the back seat
- children transported in ambulances or public safety vehicles, if sitting in the back seat.
- children transported in taxis, if sitting in the back seat
The penalty for not fastened belts is € 35.