Car seat belts in Slovakia Slovakia
Last update: March 2017
The use of safety seat belts in Slovakia is mandatory for the driver and all passengers.
Seat belts are not compulsory for:
- priority vehicles on duty
- driving instructors on duty
- people shorter than 150 cm
- taxi drivers on duty
- people exempt for medical reasons
Penalty is a fine of € 50 for each passenger.
The use of seat belts and child seats or an appropriate child restraint system is mandatory in Slovakia.
Child seats are not compulsory:
- in cars that have already two child seats installed - a 3rd child, under 3 and shorter than 150 cm, can be attached with a safety belt in the back seat.
- children over 3 can use the seat belts in the back seat if the vehicle has no child seat.