Car seat belts in Luxembourg Luxembourg
Last update: March 2017
The use of safety seat belts and child restraint systems is MANDATORY in Luxembourg.
The use of seat belts is not compulsory for:
- drivers and passengers of motor vehicles providing door-to-door services in municipal areas that require repeated exit and entering of vehicles;
- persons with an exemption certificate for serious medical reasons issued by the Ministry of Transport;
- drivers when moving a vehicle backwards;
- police members whose job prevents the use of safety belt systems for security reasons;
- fireman brigades whose job prevents the use of safety belt systems for security reasons;
- handicapped persons with reduced mobility, using wheel chairs or especially adapted seats;
- accompanying personnel in buses and coaches who are in charge of assisting or supervising passengers;
- passengers of buses and coaches who use their seats temporally.
The fine is € 49.