Car seat belts in Spain Spain
Last update: March 2017
The use of safety seat belts in Spain is mandatory for the driver and all passengers.
The fine is € 200.
The use of child restraint systems is compulsory.
Seat belts are not compulsory for:
- Drivers while reversing or parking
- People with disabilities
- People with a valid medical reason (they must have a medical certificate as proof)
- Taxi drivers travelling in urban areas (they will not be considered liable for any passengers not wearing their seat belts)
- Taxi passengers shorter than 135 cm sitting on the back seat and travelling in urban areas
- Delivery personnel loading or unloading vehicles
- Drivers and passengers of emergency vehicles on duty
- Driving instructors on duty