Car seat belt in Denmark Denmark
Last update: March 2016
The use of seat belts for the driver and all passengers (even on the rear seats) is mandatory in Denmark. Use of child seats, appropriate for their age and weights is also mandatory in Denmark.
The fine is about DKK 1500.
The exclusions are allowed only in case of:
- reversing or driving in a parking area, or similar places
- drivers and passengers with a disability or specific medical reasons
- taxi drivers when transporting a client
- drivers and passengers of vehicles with special regime of movement (as ambulances)
- delivery vehicles or private cars making frequent stops (every 500m or less)
- police and special services transporting detainees
- drivers of defence forces when driving at low speed in exercise areas
- regular transport services where standing passengers are allowed