The road markings could be lines, arrows, symbols and signs done with paint or otherwise on the roadway and road facilities. The road marking can be used alone or in conjunction with road signs, road lights signals and other road traffic signals.
Road marking use:
- For setting up the road traffic by dividing the roadway in several road lanes
- For designation of road facilities
- To inform road users, including information about the direction of the road, the possibility of selecting the direction of movement, the names of populated areas and directions to them, and providing other necessary instructions and information
type of road marking
- permanent- it's color is white or yellow.
- temporary- it's color is orange, different than the color of the permanent road marking.
Used to indicate temporary road traffic organization and traffic safety for construction works on the roads and the streets.
longitudinal road markings
|Single solid line. The road vehicles are not allowed to overlap and cross the line.||Double solid line. The road vehicles are not allowed to overlap and cross the line.||Single dashed line.The road vehicles are allowed to cross the line..|
|Doubled dashed line. The road vehicles are allowed to cross the line only in case the line is positioned on the right side of the vehicle, in the direction of movement of the vehicle.||Double mixed line. The road vehicles are allowed to cross the line only from the dashed line side.|
transverse road marking
|Stop-line. The driver must stop before the line. Before the line, on the roadway, can be applied symbol "STOP".||Line-out. Determine where the driver if necessary stops to miss driving on the priority road vehicles. Before the line, on the roadway, can be applied a triangle, the apex of which is directed against the direction of movement of the vehicle.||Pedestrian crossing. It outlines by the broad continuous lines parallel to the axis of the road.|
|Pedestrian crossing.It outlines by two broken lines transverse to the axis of the path. Used at intersections only.||Bike path. It outlines by two parallel dotted lines, consisting of squares or rhombuses.||The marking emerges with squares to horizontal curves or rectangles before intersections.|
other road marking
|Arrow (arrows) to indicate the direction (directions) of movement. Indicates a mandatory direction of movement by the lane.||Arrows predefined driving directions. Outlines to the first two located immediately one after another crossroads where the choice of direction is required to be in advance of the first intersection.||Targeting arrows. Specifies the drivers that must pass in the next lane.|
|Arrangements of vehicles on parking||Waved line. Outlines the area prohibited for parking of vehicles. Together with a symbol "ВUS" indicate the station of the regular public transport. Together with a symbol "TАХI" - indicate the place intended to taxi stay.||Parallel lines. Outlines the area prohibited for movement of vehicles. The border of the area is indicated by a solid line|
|Parallel black and white lines targeting the roadway. Indicates road structures - bridges, tunnels, retaining and supporting walls and other adjacent to the roadway.||Bumps on the roadway||Symbols, letters and numbers marked on the roadway|
|Noisy road marking M20, which emerged with 12 cross lines, equally spaced.|
- In case of discrepancy between the traffic controller signals and road signs on the priority road, the all road users are required to comply with the signals of the traffic controller.
- In case of discrepancy between the light signals and road signs on the priority road, the all road users are required to comply with the light signals.
- In case of discrepancy between the road signs and road markings, the all road users are required to comply with the road signs.
- In case of discrepancy between a road sign placed on a portable stand on the roadway, and other road signs, the all road users are required to comply with road sign placed on a portable stand.
- During the construction and repair when there is a temporary road markings, made to be traffic organization for a certain period of time, all road users must comply with the temporary road markings.
- pedestrian crossing
- dividing strip